The Hierarchy Of Human Needs : Maslow's Theory

  Maslow's Hierarchy of needs assumes that every one of us stimulated by needs from basic needs of survival to self-actualization we achieve. Once the basic needs, safety and physiological are reasonably satisfied, one may reach to the highest order of needs, self-actualization.
 Maslow's Hierarchy of needs is proposed by Abraham Maslow in 1943 fro
m his paper, "A theory of human motivation".



List of brands & products I have used which I will need at every stage:

1. Basic needs -

    Physiological needs: This is the most basic needs for survival which includes air, water, food and sleep. For example, I have been using products from Amul (Anand Milk Union Limited), Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Pvt Ltd and The Kellogg Company.
  • I have been eating butter and cheese from Amul because they are utterly delicious and healthy. Amul is the taste of India. Butter or cheese has two layer packaging which seems very hygienic and fresh.
  • Muesli is Kellogg's product. It's best for breakfast because it contains less sugar and calories. It's high in fibre, grains and other proteins. It has always been my healthy breakfast.
  • Mother Dairy products have standard quality. I have it's milk, ghee and curd for a long time because they are bacteria free and pasteurized.


    Safety needs: It refers to the need for security and protection. After getting all basic needs or physiological needs, safety needs dominate our behaviour. Such as savings account in State Bank of India, emergency light from Philips and wardrobe from Godrej.
  • State Bank of India is renowned and one of the largest bank in India. Their service is good and safe. SBI never disappointed me.
  • Godrej wardrobe, as well as lock and key, are well manufactured. They are best to use for security.
  • Philips is one of the largest multinational technology company. The products last for a long time, from years to years and best in quality.


2. Physiological needs: 
    
    Belongingness and love need: This refers to the needs for a pleasing and fulfilling relationship with others. For example, gifts for loved ones or helping someone in their needs.
     
  • Titan is a very large Indian luxury goods company. It has been always the best and satisfactory gift I gave to my parents, as well as I use its watches. Their watches are for everyone, male, female even children. This watches have very sophisticated designs and well manufactured.
  • Puma is a German multinational company for sports and casual clothes, footwear, accessories and much more. I use their backpack and gifted one to my sister. They are so comfortable and so colourful. I am happy that she is so pleased.
  • Skinn is a perfume by Titan. It is an extraordinary perfume and gives an elegant fragrance. I let my mother use it and she loved it.   


   Esteem Needs: After an individual meets satisfactory needs from belongingness, they begin to develop positive feelings of self-esteem. Such as,
     
  • Sony is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation includes electronics, gaming, etc. I can't stop using Sony because for daily life I need a hair dryer, torch, earphone and so many. They are best in quality, lasts for years.
  • Gibson is a musical instrument manufacturing company. I play the guitar which is from Gibson. They are so elegant, has standard features and plays really good.
  • Gucci is an Italian luxury brand for leather goods, accessories and fashion. I use their perfume. Nothing is best than Gucci because it's luxurious and elegant. Its fragrance lasts for a long time. I love their product. 


3. Self-fulfilment needs:

    Self-actualization: This need refers to the desire to become everything that one is capable of becoming.For example,
  
  • HelpAge India is an organisation registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. It is a voluntary organisation. I worked for them when I was in school, collected money and gave the organisation helping needy people. They are a trustworthy organization and I am happy to help them.
  • I did my internship at an advertising agency i.e. "Crow's Nest" in Kolkata as a graphic designer. Worked for food companies like Mio Amore, Winkies and CK Birla hospital. I loved working with them.
  • During college, I worked for an educational coaching centre "The Nook" as a graphic designer.


   References: https://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html
                     https://theneurotypical.com/maslows_basic_needs.html









   

Comments

  1. I am happy that she is so pleased....

    Who is pleased? Many statements appear general in nature. Did you really use the brands?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Human Instincts : Marketing

The role of a leader