What's in the name?


Banhishikha Ghorai!!!
Yes, that's my name and Ghorai is my surname. I am from Bengal. My mother tongue is Bengali and I respect my language.
Banhi means "fire" and Shikha means "flame".
My father has to choose this name because he has always admired Rabindranath Tagore.
The history behind my name is a poem where Banhishikha, the word is used, written by Rabindranath Tagore.

"Jago nari jago banhishikha
Jago swaha simonte roktotika"
- Rabindranath Tagore

Yes, it matches my personality. Fire represents passion, energy, and motivation. It has great power for forging will and determination. It is the divine fire that burns in every soul.
In the conscious or subconscious pattern, I have self-control. I can control my behavior. I have my own perspective of seeing things. I follow my instincts. As per what my name means, I am passionate about what I do. Even if I break sometimes, there is always a burning fire inside me which gives me the power to rise up again and again. 

"In order to rise from its own ashes.
 A phoenix first must burn"
- Octavia E.Butler

There is no other behavior in me that doesn't match my name. My names mean a lot to me and it defines my personality. I am blessed with a noble name I love my name, even it is hard to pronounce. My name is my identity.  
Banhishikha is who I am.
I am the fire.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hierarchy Of Human Needs : Maslow's Theory

Human Instincts : Marketing

The role of a leader